Bob Burg discusses the Five Laws of Stratospheric Success
On today’s show, author and speaker Bob Burg joined me to discuss the five laws of stratospheric success as outlined in the book The Go-Giver which he co-authored with John David Mann. You can download these laws at http://thegogiverway.com/downloads/The-5-Laws.pdf.
Here are my show notes:
- Introduction to The Go Giver
- Can a subtle shift in focus really make that big a difference in your business and your income? The answer is a resounding YES! And you’re going to learn all about that this morning.
- Bob Burg introduction (Bob Bio)
- The title, the go-giver, seems to contradict conventional wisdom. Is that intentional? Can you talk about the basic premise of the book?
- Isn’t this just really saying that nice guys finish first? And while it sounds wonderful, as Joe says to Pindar in the book, isn’t it a bit naive?
- In the book, Joe is described as a go getter. I always thought that being a go getter was a great thing. Are you saying that it’s bad?
- The 5 Stratospheric Laws of Success
- Law #1: The Law of Value
- Law #2: The Law of Compensation
- Law #3: The Law of Influence
- Law #4: The Law of Authenticity
- Law #5: The Law of Receptivity
- In your teachings, you really break some major paradigms about sales. What are some of them?
- Companies spend lots of time and money to train sales people all kinds of prospecting and closing techniques. Would you say that you are downplaying these efforts?
- Do people ever confuse what being a Go-Giver really means?
- Tell us about your latest book, Adversaries into Allies: Win People Over Without Manipulation or Coercion. And tell our audience how they can connect with you and learn more about the other excellent books you’ve written.
Here are a few other take-aways from today’s conversation
- The Go-Giver is a parable and the premise is shifting one’s focus from getting to giving, consistently providing value to others
- You can have the greatest thought, without action nothing will happen
- The opposite of Go-Giver is not Go-Getter, it’s Go-Taker
- Your true worth is giving more value than you take in payment
- Promise a lot and deliver more
- Focus on giving and allow receiving, but don’t be attached to receiving
- Your income is determined by how many people you serve and how well you serve them
Listen on iTunes by clicking the iTunes logo or listen by clicking on the Soundcloud player below.
About Bob Burg
Bob shares information on topics vital to the success of today’s businessperson. He speaks for corporations and associations internationally, including fortune 500 companies, franchises, and numerous direct sales organizations. Bob regularly addresses audiences ranging in size from 50 to 16,000 — sharing the platform with notables including today’s top thought leaders, broadcast personalities, Olympic athletes and political leaders including a former United States President. Although for years he was best known for his book Endless Referrals, over the past few years it’s his business parable, The Go-Giver (coauthored with John David Mann) that has captured the imagination of his readers.
Connect with Bob
Connect with Bob at http://burg.com or via social media: