Fantastic to hear that Myra Goldick of Never Say impossible Radio mentioned my book The Shepherd and the Princess on her radio show. We can’t wait to have Myra back as a Special Guest on The Gary Smith Show.
Tag Archives: coaching
You can hear the full interview through a download here and we have laid out some highlights for you below.
Why Sign Up For Ask The Expert Segment
Gary Smith has spent the past 15 years helping business owners succeed by using his knowledge of professionalism and workplace culture. His expertise throughout his years in business has helped him bring his company, Optimum Performance Technologies, to the forefront.
Defeating The Goliaths In Your Small Business
During the Ask The Expert segment, Gary was asked about his book The Shepherd and the Princess and how the concept of conquering your small business Goliaths came about. Gary said the first step is knowing “why” you’re in business.
He said having a business comes down to what you’re trying to accomplish in your life, and how does that goal relate to what you are doing in your business. He said the first step to making this realization is coming up with a Mission Statement for yourself to tell the world what you are all about.
The Optechs Consulting Method
Gary Smith was asked during his interview on Ask The Expert about the model of his consulting business and how it helps business owners keep from sinking before they become profitable. Although the model began as a consultation of understanding, it has blossomed to coaching people on dealing with every day problems.
Gary said “people problems” is often a troublesome problem in growing businesses and he cited a few situations that were easily solved through his coaching methods to ensure leaders of business succeed.
Learn More About Gary Smith
If you would like to learn more about the consulting experience with Gary Smith you can contact him here. For a quick glimpse into the ways he is able to help your grow in business or personally you can download the full interview here.
Hundreds of people stopped by the Optimum Performance Technologies (Optechs) booth during the 2013 Lifestyles Expo CT in Tolland, Connecticut. Gary Smith, President of Optechs, was able to share experiences with people passing by and he was excited share his wealth of knowledge with the public.
What To Expect From The Lifestyles Expo CT
This year will feature the Star Theater, which includes aerobic and Zumba demonstrations, kids concerts and other activities for families and visitors to the event. Sports Alley will be sectioned off to display Eastern CT’s premier sports clubs, and they will have plenty of activities, challenges and games for the whole family to enjoy!
The Lifestyles Expo CT will also feature The Health Zone where visitors can enjoy a healthy selection of fruit smoothies, snacks and lunches with enough variety to satisfy anyone.
Something For Kids At Lifestyles Expo CT
One of the most popular sections of the Lifestyles Expo CT in 2013 was Kids World! Making its return for 2014, Kids World will feature a bounce house, crafts area, organized basketball, volleyball and other sports and plenty more activities.
This allows the parents a worry free day while the children can enjoy a fun-filled day with their friends!
Come See Optechs At November’s Expo
Gary Smith will be representing Optechs at this year’s Lifestyles Expo CT and will have plenty of products for the public to view. His books and other services will be on display during the expo and you will have a chance to meet Gary to find out if your life could use a boost.
Working With Gary Smith
Gary Smith can help you with these inadequacies and help set your best foot forward toward a better, more profitable life. Call him today!
You work hard in your vegetable garden and harvest an abundance of fresh produce. You fill a bag full of tomatoes, beans, cucumbers, and squash and knock on your neighbor’s door to share the bounty of your harvest. As you hand her the gift from your garden, she asks if she can pay you something. You decline, but you also understand why she’s asking. If it’s not Christmas, a birthday, or an anniversary, people are uncomfortable with the idea of receiving a gift.
We have a human tendency to want to work for everything we get. That is sometimes accompanied by the feeling that what we don’t earn is sometimes undeserved, and that feeling keeps us from both giving and receiving in a way that blesses others.
Importance Of Giving And Receiving
Life is about graciously giving and receiving in all areas of our lives. We must all bless in order to both be a blessing, and receive blessings, in life. But when it comes to our businesses, what are the practical expressions of blessing others? Consider these as examples:
- Under-promise and over-deliver. Learn to employ the motto, “Always deliver more than you promise.”
- Add valuable content to social media. Follow the 80/20 rule. All of your social media content should follow the rule – 80% value added and 20% asking for business.
- Don’t nitpick the pennies. If you charge hourly fees, as I often do, be more concerned about doing what is right than getting paid for every minute you spend with your clients. Trust me – they know when you do, they appreciate it, and they will bless you with more business because of it.
- Be employee-centric. Developing a profitable business requires a customer-centric approach – and developing a customer-centric business requires an employee-centric approach. Don’t expect your employees to care about and for your customers until they know you care about them.
- Be customer-centric. Focus your business on blessing and delighting your customers. Always remember – people do business with those whom they know, like, and trust. Be known, be likeable, and be trustworthy.
How many more ideas can you and your team come up with?
The country music band Alabama has a song about the pace of life that says: “I’m in a hurry to get things done. Oh, I rush and I rush until life’s no fun. All I really gotta do is live and die. But I’m in a hurry and I don’t know why.”
Finding Time To Start Living
Are there times when life feels like a blur as it races by? As productivity expert David Allen asks, “Are there days when you feel like you’re half a beat behind?” Are you constantly trying to “keep up with the Jones’” as you run to win the race of life?
Why? Why are we always running a thousand miles an hour with our hair on fire? Why can’t we ever seem to catch up? Why does life seem so complicated and difficult?
A Few Steps To Start Living Differently
Have you tried, somewhat unsuccessfully to answer these questions? If so, then here are 5 ways to stop hurrying and start living.
- Discover your focus. Have you ever noticed how relaxed and happy really successful people are? Ever wondered why? The answer is simple: they are focused on their highest priorities and they’ve used this focus to filter out and discard the unimportant and irrelevant things in life.
- Balance your life. Truly successful people have an amazing sense of balance in their lives. They allocate time among all of their priorities – work, marriage, family, church, community – and that balance gives them a great sense of inner peace.
- Get organized. How much time do you waste every day due to lack of organization? You need to make a phone call but can’t find the number. You can’t remember where you left the file you need for a meeting that starts in fifteen minutes. Having a dynamic system that captures, processes, and puts everything in your life at your finger tips just when you need it is a crucial part of achieving unusual success.
- Set priorities. Prioritize your activities for each day. Doing so keeps you focused on your highest priorities and gives you a roadmap for the day.
- Relax. Take time to relax and reflect every day. Spending time in daily reflection helps you learn about yourself and your world. It gives you the opportunity to make appropriate changes in response (not reaction) to what’s going on in your life. Reflecting on today and planning tomorrow before you go to bed at night also clears your mind and gives you better rest.
If you are hurrying and not living, give us a call at 203.599.1467, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have some great programs to help you get you life on track so that you can start living again!