At this time of year, many of us are caught up in celebrations surrounding the season. We attend Christmas programs at schools and churches, we enjoy office parties and evenings out with friends, and we spend tremendous amounts of time and money doing our Christmas shopping and decorating our homes. Many of us also take time to give to and provide for those less fortunate than ourselves, thereby embodying the true meaning of the season. My family and I also spend time in church and with our Christian friends as we celebrate the birth of Christ and thank God for loving us enough to send his son, Jesus, to earth. All of us then make our New Years resolutions and ring in the New Year with much celebration and fanfare.
Is that all there is to your holiday celebration? I am serious. Is that all there is?
What I’m getting at is this:
Have you prepared yourself for 2013?
Consider the following:
- Have you done a thorough review of everything you accomplished in 2012?
- Are you happy with what you accomplished?
- Did you achieve all of your goals?
- If, yes, what are you doing to celebrate?
- If no, why not? What kept you from achieving all you set out to do?
- What have you learned this year?
- How have you grown in your understanding of yourself, your family, your community, and your work?
- What is your plan for 2013?
- What goals do you plan to accomplish?
- What new skills do you plan to acquire?
- Do you know what you need to do starting January 1st to make sure that you achieve all of your goals by the end of the year and keep yourself on track for hitting your 5, 10, and 15 year targets?
The end of 2012 is a time to reflect and take an inventory of what has happened in the past 12 months and what we have planned for the next 12. The fact of the matter is that if we don’t have a process like this that we go through periodically, we will never achieve or become all that we can in our very short lifetimes.
At Optechs, we specialize in helping our clients reach for more in life and become better people in the process by teaching them how to dream and how to develop and implement personal development strategies that will literally propel them toward the attainment of their goals.
Let us help you. Visit optechs.com and then contact us for a free consultation.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to each and every one of you!!